Friday, February 09, 2007

Race bike!

My new race bike came in last night. The first thing I did when I came into work this morning was build it.
Giant Animator
Giant really hooked a brother up this time. Its a Giant Animator and it's got everything an aspiring pro like myself needs in a race bike.
For whatever reason the industry is beating the 29 inch wheel drum saying bigger is better. I've been told that it's not the size, but how you use it. But I wouldn't know anything about that.
Rollin on 12's
12 inch wheels are going to accelerate way faster than anything else out there. Hands down. Plus the low spoke count wheels will keep the weight to a minimum.

The over sized Bottom Bracket will ensure that the insane watts that I produce all go to the rear wheel. The checkered flag sticker gives a strong nod to the racing capabilities of this rig.
Over sized Bottom Bracket
The stem/bar padding will keep more than one person happy and future generations a valuable option down the road should the eject button ever get hit while riding technical single track.
Nut Gard
Platform pedals and a Chain guard are the only option for keeping my Tim's clean.
Platform Pedals
Having a bell will help me save the oxygen when trying to scream "on your left" to slower opponents. The fact that this option comes standard is simply insane.
On your left.

Yea, I'd say I've hit the jackpot with this little number. Can't wait to take it down the chutes of Mount Snow.
Crotch Notch

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"The checkered flag sticker gives a strong nod to the racing capabilities of this rig."

You mean racing destiny of this rig.

alliwannadoisbicycle said...

i dare you to take that on some singletrack.