Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I distinctly remember telling H that I wasn't feeling the start and it was cool if she missed it for nature's reasons. What happens? I end up givin'er and ride into third wheel after my last row start spot.
Givin'er at the start
Funny how that happens.
I got a killer warm up busting out a lap during the sport race. The course was alright. Almost straight up the ski slope, down another ski slope, up some teki 1 track, a little more ski slope climbing finishing off with some DOPE 1 track into a soft bermed-out-fresh cut- single T descent. To say that I enjoyed riding this section of course is an understatement.
Until the skys opened up and the rain god, she punched us. As I was standing on the line sizing up the pain factor of the race, cats, dogs, pigs, small trailers, starting falling from the sky. With that much rain falling on dry earth, the trail disappeared rather quickly.
Warming up during the sport race.....all smiles
I still put in a good ride, took a wrong turn, made some dirt bike noises and then I got cold descending and could barely get warm by the top of the climbs.
Look at the focus
So I pulled the plug. I was supposed to only give'r a for a little while in favor of keeping my matches for Snow - this weekend. So it worked out to kill my self in nasty conditions, but not over kill myself.

I'm super excited about Mount Snow in a few days but right now I gotta bounce 'cuse we're about to close the shop.

Laters.

Borat at the Tour

No comments: