Saturday, January 13, 2007

What-you-gone-do-now?

The base miles are in full swing and going quite nicely.

The body came around way sooner than I thought it would. I guess since it was only three or four weeks ago that I was basking in some good form, so I really didn't loose that much....only gained a few pounds. Something that is very good for me being that I'm skin and bones come June and July.

I road in 20 degree temps twice last week for multiple hours only to have it warm up for the next two days where I got a bit of a rest. Tomorrow I start another good block and the weather forecast? 20's tomorrow, teens the day after. No matter what way it's sliced, adverse conditions makes you a harder person. Suffering brings mental strength that enables you to handle whatever is thrown at you and allows you to suffer more the next time. Pay it forward.

I've been on quite the tear lately on building or re-inventing my bikes.

Took me a summer to save up for and was my first real mountain bike. Won my first race on her....maybe I'll try my hand at a single speed race this year....I'm done for a while, I swear.

I'm spoiled to be around such nice bikes at work. We've got some hot shit here.

Just buildin' the bucket....or fillin' it, depending on where I am.

1 comment:

alliwannadoisbicycle said...

wooot. SS MTB= hardcore fun.