Friday, January 26, 2007

I think the devil is giving free sled rides

5 degrees.
Today was the first scheduled day of rest. Thank you coach A.T., you've got amazing grasp on whats happening next.
Yesterday was cold too, but not nearly as cold as today is. Near the end of my 4+ hour ride, I was pretty sure I had a brain freeze just from breathing the air. My watter bottles froze within 30 min of getting outside, so I had to sick the frozen mess under my jersey to "warm" it up. Once it got to the point where it was drinkable, I downed it fast but then was presented with another problem. I really had to pee. That was also fun.
I find things on the side of the road all the time. Free TV's, abandoned washing machines, dead animals (like a bat!), food, Mc D's wrappers, condoms, ladies undergarments (how you can leave a thong on the side of the road will forever baffle me) and even slightly new abandoned cars in the middle of the woods, smashed to bits. Yesterday I found this guy:
The lion I found on my ride
I have no idea why I like him so much, but he's pretty bad ass.

What else is pretty bad ass?
We started stocking Aegis bikes at the shop. They have the most beautiful bottom bracket junctions ever.
G's BB.....gotta love that line

The Original G's got a mighty sweet bike.

And that my loyal 5 readers, is a blog entry.

No comments: