Monday, November 27, 2006

Quit Playing Games With My Heart

I'm wearing my Camo Shorts again. Its really hard to dress for this stuff. I'm overly hot or frozen to the bone. Heather always makes fun of me because I'm an addict when it comes to checking the radar for rain and the thermometer. A man's gotta know what kind of high performance base layer he's going to wear.
With two familys to spread the time over, I found myself at not one but two Thanksgiving dinners. Heather's mom's is always nice, but the wide-open spaces of Grandma's house will alway hold a part of my heart.

My Cousin has a golf kart tricked out with a jacked suspension and off roadin' wheels. I'm pretty sure I showed him some stuff I shouldn't have...hopefully he won't get the kart taken away by Christmas because I've got some great ideas for pimping his ride. If I can't put spinners on my lady's Ecco, homeboy is getting hooked up.
I took the last week mostly off and the lights that were burning dimly in the twilight of the season have suddenly become bright. Game on. Funny how the body works like that.
Its a hard time of year to find your drive and have motivation in racing and training. Its the holidays and I want to over eat like every good American, the weather is finicky and I've been going since January. Also, I've begun working towards next season, setting everything up and formulating my goals. The excitement is killing me and I'm ready to to get going on the next set of objectives.

Such is life. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay,
So where is your Grandma's place? It is real nice. A cross venue?
And Where are you riding in the pic? Looks familiar.
AC

Jason said...

Grandma's place is in Middleburgh NY, about 30-40 min off the Catskill exit on the thruway. It would make an awesome course now that you mention it. There is a KILLER run up, some 4wheeler trails and lots of space....want to go into the race promo. biz with me?
The last shot is a road one town over from where I am living. Its a pretty dope road...not a lot of cars

alliwannadoisbicycle said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving buddy. We're in the home stretch for 'cross. almost there!

PS- do you need a pit guy for your nationals race? maybe we can help each other out...