Friday, October 06, 2006

The waiting is the hardest part

I think the worst part of racing is the waiting. Gloucester is tomorrow and I've been thinking about it for what seems like forever.
It's not even like I'm nervous or anything, I just want to race.
Go till I blow.

I've got lots of great support lined up. John (the wrench at the shop) is going to the race to be my pit guy. He's been tweaking my bike all week and its running great. I think Andy is going to be my wheel guy on Sunday and be at the race chillaxing. I've also got an in with the wrench in the Sram neutral support, if need be. Lastly we've let Adam Craig and Carl Decker (two of the paid guys rollin' it for Giant) use one of our work stands and two of our trainers. So I've been advised to keep my stuff at their tent and warm up with the big boys. We'll see how its all laid out. If we can park close enough to the start line, I think I may just do my own thing out the trunk of the Ecco.

I'm not nervous about the race at all. It's going to be great. crazy but great. The thing I'm more worried about is hitting my quota of race day duces. Each rider has a set amount of times that they have to drop shammy to have a great race. For some reason I'm more focused on that then anything else.

So be it. Tomorrow, I run with the bulls.

No comments: