Thursday, October 12, 2006

Random Things

Here are a few random things from this weekend mainly because its Thursday and I'm still laughing about them.

-With the amount of water I drink everyday there are times when I feel like peeing is what I do all day. There was a guy in the start coral that must have had the same feelings. 10 min before we are let loose, he whips it out and pees in a nice puddle on the start line. Nah man, there aren't 70 guys behind you that have to ride in that....

-Being a UCI race, we were under the big people's law. Fines were handed out for rider's infractions and payable in none other than Swiss Francs.

-I was stopped a handful of times by random people that wanted to check out my bike. "oh, you got an 07! That's tight!" I just wasn't ready for that.

-Having a closed course to warm up on is so choice. You can take your time and dial in your lines, watch other riders and steal their lines.

Lastly, I was tooling around some different websites this morning looking to see how many UCI points I picked up this weekend and to try and get an idea how many zeros were in my UCI ranking....I didn't get any of that but, I found out that I'm the top ranked rider in Massachusetts and finished the NORBA National Series ranked 9th. I had no idea.

Stuff like that makes a win-less season more of a success.

And thats the way it goes.

1 comment:

Greeley said...

Go #1!