Saturday, September 08, 2007

You gotta love the Sunday morning team meeting. Its always good for a double flush, sometimes you get a triple - thats how you know its game on.

Screw it and ride.

It's been my mantra for the last month. August I did lots and lots of miles, some hard, some easy and quick, some stupid, but all fun. No heart rate monitor, just me, my lungs n' guns and unadulterated burrrapin'.

I didn't follow any kind of training plan other than trying to make myself pop on the long rides (a few in the triple digits, riding my cross bike on mtb trails and doing lots of plyos and core workouts. Why? gotta get hard for cycle cross yo.



The plyos ended up being a little more than I thought they would be. I spent most of the week with sore legs that I couldn't quite shake off. Everyday I told myself that I'd take the day to get my legs back. When it came down to it I decided I'd rest tomorrow. I guess its good that I'm doing them because its an obvious weakness.


Resting ended up working out cuse I can't think of the last time I had a shitty ride. The 1track has been perfectly buffed out and fast. I also found a shit ton of new trails right when I thought I'd ridden all the 1track there was to be had at the fells. Plus I've slept like baby.

Anyone got any clue what these things are?

I see them on the trails all the time, and sometimes by the side of the road.

Today I'm racing some cx up in Milford NH. I'm excited to giv'er and let the flag fly. Should be a good event. To say that I'm motivated and excited about cross is a bit of an understatement.

Enjoy the ride ya'll, you'll never know what your going to find next.

1 comment:

Heather said...

you are hilarious.

now you know what they are. omgz. i can't believe you posted that on your blog.

effing tampon applicators!!