Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Rollin on Dubs

I've been going back and forth on if I should blog about my new ride now or wait until the parts flow in (tomorrow) and write about it in it's bling bling state.
Downtube
You'll read about both I'm sure.
Giant Anthem 0
I have yet to break the bottle of bubbly over the bow and give it a good first ride. My training this week doesn't really allow for it. Saturday and Sunday will be here soon enough.
My first impressions are very positive. Once I get the multitude of things to dial in, dialed in, I'm pretty sure this is going to be my favorite bike yet. I've never had a dualy, and I can see already that I'm going to feel much better at the end of a long race.
Fox Forx
I've been lusting over Fox's new white forks since they came out. Fox already made the best forks out there, but the upgrades that they made make the fork even nicer.
Mavic also impressed me with their newest incarnation of the Cross Max SL wheels. The hubs have a new design that looks to shave more weight and the yellow spoke adds a bit of flare. The down side is the decals are etched into the side of the rim, so there is no removal of the decals for the sleeper look that I love.
Maestro Linkages
The Maestro linkage system is top notch. I've mainly been riding on the road to and from work the last two days, and the rear acts like a hardtail. But when I nail the every pothole between work and home (there are a lot, and I hit them all) the rear end just sucks it up. The rear shock has a lot of different options of adjustment that I'm starting to wrap my head around and understand more and more.
Giant's 3D gussets
The "gusset" on the underside is super sweet looking and makes for a lighter frame.

I could go on and on about all the cool things about my new bike, but I'll spare you. A few good rides this weekend will really help me dial everything in and help me get a better view of the overall picture.

More to come for sure.

2 comments:

alliwannadoisbicycle said...

what a sweet bike.

so sweet.


So compared to road biking and 'cross, how important is a good fitting with MTB's? are you going to a fitter or are you just going to ride and make tiny adjustments here and there? just curious...

Jason said...

A good fitting is important for all bikes. I'm going to be more upright than on my road or even cross positions. I've done fittings before and based off of some of those and other adjustments I've made, I know the different numbers that I need in my bike so my body can go fast. After a few rides on my Anthem and some measurements I knew what I needed to make it fit like a glove so I dropped some coin on the parts to make it happen.

Its taken me a long time to figure out what is right for me. Fittings are really great, but they aren't set in stone and should ebb and flow a bit with the rider. So its a mixture of things.

I need to go drink some coffee and wake up before I answer questions !