Friday, March 23, 2007

My Fighter Jet

The bike is pretty much dialed.
Attack.
I've got some small tweaks to make on the rear shock but the beast is sweet. After some prodding and coaching, I finally maned up and trimmed the hydraulic lines to my brakes. It went a lot better than I thought it would and I'm super glad that I did it. I got some help and lots of encouragement but it feels good to be able to work on any part of my bike and make it work like I want/how it should. I can't wait to bleed my next pair of brakes because I really understand the process a lot more. Plus it looks really good now.
Almost Gone
Now I've just got to wait for the dumping that we were getting last week at this time to disappear. We're close.
I had a fantastic long ride yesterday. Temps in the 50's, rockin' the Belgium knee warmers
Da Balm
The downside is when the roads aren't that great you take them with you. I also haven't nailed down the removal. Jumping in a nice warm shower quickly makes your legs burn like shampoo in the eyes. Dish soap helps a little, but I just can't seem to get it all off. Chalk it up to the cost of lookin' pro.
Down side to the Belgium Knee Warmers

I happened to bump into a guy that works at the other shop in Concord who was back in town with some of his college friends. They were all racers and we soon got a impromptu group ride in. I had forgotten what it was like to be on a Collegiate team group ride. There is only one speed as the pecking order must be established. With 3 hours in the legs, it was nice to throw in some fast paced tempo riding.
Road bike with MTB Pedals = Rockin'
I've been one up'd with my road combo of egg beaters and mtb shoes.

Word to your moms.

No comments: