Wednesday, November 08, 2006

the ramble

The blog is smelling a little stale and my legs are feeling great.....must be Thursday.
Not much to report. Training. Working. Thinking about riding. Reading about riding. Working on other peoples bikes so they can go riding. Training. LOTS of eating. The usual things.
I should be telling you about how well I did on Sunday, but with my mom looking on, I made love to the ground and erased my fantastic race. So, we move on, keep the good thoughts flowing and forget about what might have been.
I'm getting shafted in the fight for getting credit for the UCI points that I should have, but I'm starting not to care because I'm having so much fun.
I have been seeing a steady weekly improvement as I figure out how to race and my fitness gains. On the way home from the race on Saturday I actually thought to myself "I should start base in December." This is what happens when you feel like there is "no chain" on the bike. A few miles down the road I thought it'd be better to take the three weeks off after cross nats. Winter is a hard time to ride.
I went Mountain biking with Andy the other day. The ye'ol mtb has been hanging on the wall for a good month and a half. I kinda forgot how to ride off roads. It took a good 20 min before I was riding like I know I should. At one point there was a big rock-craggy thing that is pretty hard to get up on a great day. Andy was leading and slowed up as I (for some reason) thought that If I hit it with a ton of speed I'd magically get over. When my front tire planted firmly against the rock, my brain went blank and I hit the ground. Laughing of course.

One of my favorite Mtb's just was slapped with a one year suspension for missing a doping test. They usually have people standing on the finish line and grab the athletes picked for the random tests, but they didn't at this race. He's got to be one of the cleanest guys on knobby's and speaks out against the juice often. I doubt he'll read this, but Sager, I believe. You rock and roll.

It sucks that they can't catch the real dopers and stick it to the guys who are in the sport just for the love it.

Going back to New Paltz this weekend. I'm uber excited to ride my old dirt. Widowmaker, here I come.

No comments: